Support Hadley

Making a Gift from your IRA

If you are over age 70-1/2, you can make a direct transfer from an IRA to Hadley and satisfy the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) without increasing your income. The gift is not subject to taxes as it would be if you took the distribution.

Simply contact the bank or broker holding your (non-Roth) IRA and ask them to send a gift to Hadley. The check from the IRA must be made payable directly from the IRA custodian to Hadley. In order to be tax-free the check cannot be made payable to the donor.

Gifts may be any size and donors may give up to $100,000 in total per tax year to 501(c)(3) public charities such as Hadley.

If you have questions, please contact Brooke Voss, Chief Development Officer, at 847-784-2774 or email