January 8, 2020
This month we welcomed crochet enthusiast Deborah DeBord. Deborah has been a fiber lover for decades and shared her journey through yarn with us, as well as offered practical advice for blind and visually impaired crocheters.
Crochet and Needlework Books:
- Simple Crochet, DB58709 by Erika Knight.
- Hello, Crochet Friends!: Making Art, Being Mindful, Giving Back: Do What Makes You Happy, DB96227 by Jonah Larson and Jennifer Larson.
- Crocheting in Plain English, DB54350 by Maggie Righetti.
- Woman's Day Book of American Needlework, DB16691 by Rose Wilder Lane
December 11, 2019
Mixed media is a unique way to express yourself through a variety of techniques. This month we shared our ideas on this art form, exploring textures, mediums, surfaces and materials. Whether you're a seasoned artist or a beginner, this was a great discussion to get inspiration.
November 13, 2019
This month we got a head start on the gift-giving season by sharing our ideas for creating handmade holiday gifts. The group shared past and present creations and found inspiration from fellow crafters.
- Instructions for Coasters and Chai Tea Latte Mix (Word document)
October 9, 2019
What do wooden pens, table legs and candle sticks have in common? These items can all be made using woodturning. This month our woodturning friends shared their knowledge about this fascinating craft.
Content shared during discussions is for general information purposes only. We encourage you to thoroughly consider if any resource or suggestion is a good fit for you. The inclusion of links does not imply a recommendation or endorsement. The opinions expressed by the participants are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Hadley.