Welcome to Hadley. Our staff and volunteers are inspired by and dedicated to carrying out the organization's mission to empower those with vision loss to thrive.
At the same time, we focus considerable effort on the professional and personal development of our Hadley team staff. As an innovative and progressive non-profit, we embrace the following values in our culture:
- We listen first. Everyone deserves to be heard and understood.
- We aren't afraid to be ourselves and openly share our unique perspectives.
- We do better together --- applying our diverse talents and experiences to a common goal.
- Growth rarely happens when we're comfortable. We encourage each other to think big and take action.
- Time together matters. We thrive when we trust in, learn from, and laugh with each other.
Hadley offers competitive salaries and a superior benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively support a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Payroll / Accounts Payable Specialist
Essential functions of the job include:
- Accounts payable processing & vendor management
- Maintain vendor records, process expense reimbursements and credit card charges. Print AP checks, create journal entries
- Payroll processing
- Maintain employee records including payroll deductions, earnings and limits
- Keep all records and fields current, running tax verifications etc.
- Process out of state employee taxes and unemployment insurance
- Liaison between employees, Employee Navigator, Alliant, Avidia, Basic, Principal and all other benefits companies
- Provide support to HR and employees regarding benefits issues
- Cash management: monitor daily bank activity for all bank accounts
- Gift scanning & make bank deposits
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Financial Edge (or similar accounting software)
- Proficient in Paylocity (or other payroll processing services)
- Proficient in Benefits Software
- Ability to have foresight to avoid errors before they happen and act on best practices
- Strong communication, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt to change
- Ability to solicit and accept feedback
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of personnel
Education and Experience
- Functional accounting experience (minimum of 1 year)
- Understanding of GAAP and not-for-profit accounting principles
- Knowledge of health and retirement benefits (minimum of two years)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (preferred, but not required)
Send your resume to Susan Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.