Hadley is committed to ensuring its website and content are accessible for as broad a user base as possible. The Hadley website complies with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) of the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI).
Hadley.edu is monitored and evaluated regularly by internal accessibility specialists to identify any usability issues as well as discover new solutions to further improve the accessibility of our site. As we continue to improve our website, we will reflect any changes here within our accessibility statement, so you will know the progress we are making. We value your opinions. Please send any comments or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Accessibility Features
To ensure accessibility, Hadley implements programming following published Web standards and accessibility guidelines. The site is developed using valid XHTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). The site content is separated from presentational elements, enabling access to any visitors that use technologies such as a screen reader or text only browsers.
Current accessibility features of Hadley.edu include:
- Images with 'alt tags,' which aid users who listen to the content of the site using a screen reader, rather than reading the site.
- A 'skip navigation' link that provides screen reader users with a method for bypassing the header and going directly to the main content.
- Title attributes for additional information about links and indication of new browser windows.
- Structural markup to indicate headings and lists to aid in page comprehension.
- Association of forms with labels.
- Association of all data cells in a data table with their headers.
- Accessible Embedded documents and multimedia. Reasonable alternative formats are available on the website and, where appropriate, Braille copies are available upon request.
Some of the links on this website require a plug-in to view, which is available below.