Hadley provides links to websites that may be useful to students. We do not assume responsibility for the content or accessibility compliance of external websites, and links to these sites are not intended to imply Hadley's endorsement of them.
If you have accessibility problems while using any of these sites, please direct your questions and comments to the Webmasters of those sites.
We are committed to working with our partners to improve the accessibility and usability of their sites.
Please review our Link Policy for more details.
- Braille Authority of North America (BANA)
- Braille Bug
- Braille Institute of America
For 90 years, Braille Institute of America has worked to eliminate barriers to a fulfilling life caused by blindness and severe sight loss. Private contributions and more than 3,600 skilled volunteers allow us to offer classes, training and a wide variety of other services and activities free of charge. We serve Central and Southern California through five regional centers, and our Mobile Solutions van brings help and hope to people in outlying areas.
- BRL: Braille Through Remote Learning
- Duxbury Systems, Inc. (braille trascription software)
- Future Forms, Supplying Braille Paper to the World
- International Braille Research Center (NFB)
- International Council on English Braille (ICEB)
- National Braille Press
- National Library Service
- Seedlings Braille Books (children's books)
Digital Talking Books (DTBs)
- DAISY Consortium
provides a list of recommended devices along with other information.
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS)
provides information on the various digital audiobook devices.
- National Instructional Materials Accessibility Standard (NIMAS)
provides digital-related information and a DTB related listserv.
Disability Benefits Guide for 2016
- A Guide to Visual Disabilities
How Colleges Help Visually Impaired Students Succeed
The most comprehensive, most accessible collection of online learning opportunities for people with visual impairments.
- Carroll Tech
- Graduate School Success for Students with Disabilities
- The Distance Education and Training Council
Yismehu is a newly established nonprofit organization which provides individualized distance learning and specialized camp programming to visually impaired students of all ages in order to foster and develop Jewish identity.
Dog Guide Schools
- Canine Vision Canada
- Eye Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc.
- Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation, Inc.
- Freedom Guide Dogs for the Blind (e-mail)
- Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc.
- Guide Dog Users, Inc.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind, Inc.
- Guide Dogs of the Desert, Inc.
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind, Inc.
- Kansas Specialty Dog Service
- Leader Dogs for the Blind, Inc.
- Pilot Dogs, Inc.
- Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc.
- The Seeing Eye, Inc.
Eye Care and Personal Health
- AADE7™ Self-Care Behaviors Handouts
These handouts, provided by American Association of Diabetes Educators, list some basic information about the seven different areas to focus on when you are trying to manage your diabetes.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Diabetes Association
- American Optometric Association
- National Eye Institute
- ROPARD: Association for Retinopathy of Prematurity and Related Retinal Diseases
1Touch™ Self-Defense Project for the Blind explores participant's hidden assumptions regarding their own disability — their personal perception of their blindness and the otherwise unchallenged insecurities built upon that perception. Learning these techniques has proven highly effective in the development of: independence, self-confidence, spatial orientation, mobility and dexterity, and tactile sensitivity.
- Directions for Me
directionsforme.org is a new service of Horizons for the Blind that provides information from consumer packages or labels in a simple online format for anyone who has trouble reading the small print including people who are blind or visually impaired.
VisionAware's mission is to help adults who are losing their sight continue to live full and independent lives by providing timely information, step-by-step daily living techniques, a directory of national and local services, and a supportive online community.
- Medicare Interactive
Medicare Interactive is a free resource packed with hundreds of answers to Medicare questions and easy-to-use content. Create a free profile and bookmark your favorite answers and receive free newsletters, Medicare updates, and discounts.
National and International
- American Council of the Blind
- American Foundation for the Blind
- Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Council of Citizens with Low Vision International
- Helen Keller National Center
- International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment (ICEVI)
- Junior Blind of America
- Learning Ally
- Lighthouse Guild International
- Macular Degeneration Foundation
- MD Support
Macular Degeneration Support is a world-wide non-profit public service organization founded by retired educator Dan Roberts. Its mission since 1995 has been to provide information and support for people who are affected by macular degeneration and similar retinal diseases. Known more simply as MD Support, it is based on the Internet and also offers a public awareness program designed to reach people who are without Internet access.
- National Association for Parents of Visually Impaired Children
- National Council of State Agencies for the Blind
- National Federation of the Blind
- National Federation of the Blind-Newsline
- National Industries for the Blind
- The American Printing House for the Blind
- The Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB)
- The Center for Parent Information and Resources
- The Foundation Fighting Blindness
- World Blind Union
Our Illinois Neighbors
- Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
- Horizons for the Blind
- Illinois Assistive Technology Project
- Illinois Eye Institute (Chicago)
- Illinois Society for the Prevention of Blindness
- Second Sense (formerly Guild for the Blind)
- Spectrios Institute for Low Vision
- FamilyConnect: For parents of children with visual impairments
- John Tracy Clinic (deaf-blind)
- National Association for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments
- The Royal Society for the Blind in South Australia (website for children with vision impairments and their caregivers)
- Through the Looking Glass (for parents with disabilities)
- Accessible Educational Materials (AEM)
- American Printing House for the Blind
- Described and Captioned Media Program (DCMP)
- Enhanced Vision
- independent living aids, inc.
- Lighthouse Guild International
- Low Vision Chef
Low Vision Chef sells products that help you adapt in the kitchen to the loss of vision, as well as offers kitchen tips, recipes, and videos." Our goal is to make your cooking easier, which will promote independent living and a healthy lifestyle."
- LS & S Group
- Computers for the Blind
- American Blind Ski Foundation
- Space Camp (for blind children)
- United States Association of Blind Athletes
- Woodworking for the Blind
- National Beep Baseball Association
Specialized Schools for the Blind
- Alabama Institute for the Deaf and the Blind
- Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and the Blind
- Arkansas School for the Blind
- California School for the Blind
- Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind
- Connecticut Institute for the Blind/Oak Hill
- Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind
- Georgia Academy for the Blind
- Governor Morehead School-North Carolina
- Idaho Educational Services for the Deaf and the Blind
- Illinois School for the Visually Impaired
- Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Iowa Braille School
- Kansas State School for the Blind
- Kentucky School for the Blind
- Maryland School for the Blind
- Minnesota State Academy for the Blind
- Missouri School for the Blind
- Nebraska Center for the Education of the Blind
- New Mexico School for the Visually Impaired
- New York Institute of Special Education
- New York State School for the Blind
- North Dakota School for the Blind
- Ohio State School for the Blind
- Oklahoma School for the Blind (Parkview School)
- Overbrook School for the Blind
- Perkins School for the Blind
- South Carolina School for the Deaf/Blind
- South Dakota School for the Blind and VI
- St. Joseph's School for the Blind
- Tennessee School for the Blind
- Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Utah School for the Deaf and the Blind
- Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind
- Washington State School for the Blind
- Western Pennsylvania School for the Blind
- Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Closing the Gap, Resource Directory
- SIGHT LOSS SOLUTIONS DOT ORG
- Web Conferencing with Talking Communities
Talking Communities provides the best web conferencing, webcasting, and webinar software and service