Employment and Entrepreneurship

Hadley is tremendously grateful to Rick and Sandy Forsythe for their generous funding of the Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship.

Hadley offers tuition-free courses and one-lesson, online modules to help prepare you for employment and entrepreneurship. Whether you are looking for a job, wanting a better job or interested in being your own boss, Hadley can help you develop the business skills you need to be successful.

Learning focuses on business-related topics (fundamentals, communications, law, writing, etc), technology, self-employment and entrepreneurship and is offered through our Adult Continuing Education Program.

Courses and modules are practical, relevant and interactive. They are designed to provide requisite computer training; relevant Social Security, tax, accounting, legal, marketing, management and communications information; and content specific to the needs and concerns of individuals who are visually impaired.

Why Enroll?

  • Improve business skills and employability.
  • Explore the pros and cons of self-employment.
  • Acquire the information needed to start, operate and expand your own business.
  • Network with other blind and visually impaired business owners.

Enroll Now

Other Business Resources:

Hadley's business courses, modules and resources are part of the Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship, which provides individuals who are blind or visually impaired with the knowledge and networking opportunities for career advancement and to launch and grow their own businesses. The initiative was developed to address the 70 to 80 percent un- and underemployment rate among people who are blind or visually impaired.

Family members who expect to be involved in a family-owned business venture are also eligible for enrollment in select business courses and modules through our Family Education Program. All modules and courses are also open to students in Hadley's High School Program.

Not sure if you are eligible to enroll?

Contact Student Services or submit an enrollment application so that we can determine your eligibility.