You can attend live Seminars@Hadley using your iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch). To do so, you must download the free tcConference App from iTunes AppStore.
Note: The tcConference App is still in development and may perform differently from the PC version.
Instructions for sighted users:
- Tap the "Server" text field.
- Enter www.conference321.com into this field.
- Tap the "Room ID" text field.
- Enter rs335fd435b4de into this field.
- Tap the "Username" text field.
- Enter the name you used when you registered for the seminar into this field.
- Tap the "Password" text field.
- Enter the password you received when you registered for the seminar into this field.
- The Server, Room ID, and Username need to be entered into this app only once, but the password you enter will need to be the one you received after registering for the current seminar.
- After all four pieces of information have been entered, tap on "Done".
- Tap the "Connect" button and in a few seconds you should be in the seminar room.
- If you receive an error that the connection is closed, this usually means that the data entered in one or more of the four edit boxes on the main screen needs to be edited.
- Note: You may have to press the Home button at the bottom of your device then rerun the tcConference app before the "Connect" button becomes visible again.
- You are now connected to the Seminar room.
- Tap the "Chat/Voice" tab.
- Because the tcConference is half duplex this means that only one person may talk at a time. Therefore, wait until no one is talking tapping the "Talk" button to engage the internal microphone of your iPhone/iPad. Begin talking and when you are finished talking, tap the "Talk" button again to disengage it.
- You must remember to tap the "Talk" button when you are finished speaking or else no one else will be able to engage their microphones.
- If you want to send a public text message, tap the text field labeled. The on-screen keyboard is now visible so begin entering your message.
- When you are finished, tap the "Send" button.
- Co-Browse tab.
- When you tap the "Co-Browse" tab you should be taken to the web page that has been selected by the moderator, such as the after-seminar survey.
- Navigate the web page like you would any web page on your iPhone/iPad. If necessary, the three tabs of "Main", "Co-Browse", and "Chat/Voice" can be found near the bottom right corner of the display.
Instructions for VoiceOver users:
As long as you have the tcConference app installed on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad, you can enter the seminar room. Assuming you have registered for this seminar, you enter the seminar room in the following way:
- Run Safari.
- There should be a "Back" button and single-finger swiping right should present the Forward button. These two buttons may be dimmed.
Single-finger swiping right again should place you on the "Show Bookmarks" button.
Single-finger swiping right once more should place you on the "Search or enter website name" text field, though initially it may not be voiced as a text field.
- Single-finger double tap, and enter www.hadley.edu/seminar
The period can be found by first finding the letter m, and then single-finger swiping right twice.
The slash can be found by single-finger double tapping, "More Numbers", in the lower-left corner of your iDevice, then finding 0 and single-finger swiping three times to the right.
Single-finger double tap, "More Letters", in the lower-left corner of your iDevice, and complete the URL.
- Find the letter l and single-finger swipe right once to find the "Go" button, and single-finger double tap it.
- Single-finger swipe left or right until you find the link labeled "Registered Participants Login", then single-finger double tap the link.
- Single-finger swipe left or right until you find the link labeled "Mac Compatible web client". Even though the link says "for Mac users", it also works for iPhone/iPad users. Single-finger double tap the link.
- Single-finger swipe right several times and you should find a statement that says, "Warning! You have landed on a page that is no longer suitable for Mac users." Single-finger swipe right once more to the link labeled, "Please click here to be directed", then single-finger double tap the link.
- Single-finger swipe left or right until you find the link labeled "Click here to enter the room", then single-finger double tap the link.
- Single-finger swipe left or right until you find "UserName", then single-finger swipe right once to find the text field. Single-finger double tap to access the text field, and enter your user name.
- Single-finger swipe right to find "Password" and then single-finger swipe right once more to find the text field. It should say, "Secure, text field". Single-finger double tap and type in the seminar password.
- Find the number 1 and single-finger swipe left once to find the "Connect" button, and single-finger double tap the button.
- Once you've successfully logged in, single-finger swipe right several times to find the “Chat and Voice” link. Single-finger double tap to follow the link.
- There is a "Talk" button here. To use it you tap it, or double tap it if you are using VoiceOver. You can now talk, but please be sure to tap or double tap it when you are finished talking to disengage it so others can then talk.
- To exit the room, Mac users can simply close the Web browser. For iPhone and iPad users, press the physical "Home" button at the bottom of the screen.
If you need technical assistance, please contact Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 847-446-8111 ext. 6690.