Career & Volunteer Opportunities
Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired is in compliance with all requirements pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and all equal employment opportunity laws. The institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or national origin in its activities, programs or employment policies, in accordance with Federal, State and local laws.
Job Title: Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Reports to: Director, Materials Production
Overview: Responsible for the management of the day-to-day mailroom operations as well as providing required course shipping services.
- Sort daily incoming mail/packages, deliver to on-site staff, ship to off-site staff. Receive and validate incoming deliveries to ensure proper purchasing procedures.
- Collect, package and post outgoing mail/packages for post office pickup. Deliver mail/packages to post office as necessary.
- Process daily course material shipments to students. Inspect shipments for accuracy and quality control.
- Track inventory and reorder points of course materials on shelves. Reorder from the Media Specialist for restocking.
- Check and update ESS course material shipping system daily.
- Process all incoming and outgoing UPS/FedEx shipments. Keep updated on current rates.
- Keep up-to-date on current postal rules and regulations. Interface with U.S. postal service, postage machine and service personnel.
- Order mailroom and postage supplies.
- Fulfill special shipping requests from staff including catalogs, brochures, and other Hadley materials.
- Handle yearly Woman's Board Holiday Card shipping.
- Assist with reception coverage.
- Assist Building Maintenance Engineer when needed.
- Perform other duties as requested to facilitate daily operations.
- Minimum of 2 years of shipping/receiving experience
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record and ability to operate company vehicle
- Detail oriented, organized, accurate and efficient
- Interpersonal skills a must and the ability to work as a member of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent
Qualified applicants, please send resume and cover letter to:
Director of Human Resources